79 gs850 throttle cable help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 gs850 throttle cable help

I understand this is a push pull system as it came from the factory. Can anyone here post some closeup pictures of the cable(s) where/how they attach to the carb assembly? My current setup is a single cable and I'd like to convert it back to stock. I want to make sure I have all of the parts I need like brackets and such. Thank you in advance!

-Mark
    -Mark
    Boston, MA
    Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
    sigpic
    1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

You probably already have the correct bracket on the carb, just not the return cable.
    Download and save this manual. Page 3-13.

Also go here to find more info. about GS stuff.
    Suzuki GS motorcycles maintenance and information (GS850GT)
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I have the manual, but the pictures disn't give me enough info. I am also familiar with basscliff site as well. I was hopi g the vm rebuild guide had images I was looking for, unfortunately it didn't.
      -Mark
      Boston, MA
      Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
      sigpic

Comment

Actually, contrary to belief, its a pull/pull system. the cables dont "push" at all, they pull open and pull shut.
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

What do you need to know? The cable routing is in the chassis section of the manual and under wire and cable routing for each model. The cable that gets shorter when you roll on the throttle is the back carburetor cable and mounted on the front of the throttle tube through the front of the switch. Otherwise, both cables are identical. The 850 shares a lot of similarities to the GS1000. If you still need a picture of the brackets on a rack of VM carburetors PM me. I need to change my clutch cable today and will have the tank off of the bike and can get a good picture. (https://goo.gl/photos/s2iMLXqtya7kmpwb8), (https://goo.gl/photos/jgH7Pp3TQva2LZRg9), (https://goo.gl/photos/LdcfCW5YEYSMcjrL6) Hope these help, there is not a lot of room in there to get pictures and I don't have an assembled rack off the bike.
          Last edited by OldVet66; 08-01-2016, 07:47 AM.
          '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Thanks! Thats exactly the pictures I needed! Looks like I do indeed have the bracket to install the "other" cable. Thanks for all the help!
            -Mark
            Boston, MA
            Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X