Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does out of scynch carbs feel like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does out of scynch carbs feel like?

I have an odd pulsation that seems to come from the left cylinders at certain rpm ranges.
    It's like the machine is struggling to get air but it smooths out as the throttle opens wider.

I am going to have to bite the bullet and do the sync. Happily, the Pound is hurting and I can get a morgan apparatus for a bargain price.
    Tecmate makes a very pricey electronic unit for about a grand Canadian but that's way too much for me to afford,
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

"Happily, the Pound is hurting and I can get a morgan apparatus for a bargain price."

good thinking! Help us out here... What bike is this? And put in in your signature for later posts.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
      Help us out here... What bike is this? And put in in your signature for later posts.
      Take a look at his signature, Tom, signatures are apparently useless.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
        I have an odd pulsation that seems to come from the left cylinders at certain rpm ranges.
        It's like the machine is struggling to get air but it smooths out as the throttle opens wider.

I am going to have to bite the bullet and do the sync. Happily, the Pound is hurting and I can get a morgan apparatus for a bargain price.
        Tecmate makes a very pricey electronic unit for about a grand Canadian but that's way too much for me to afford,
        There has to be someone in Toronto with one...or near enough you could ride out in an afternoon
        '83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

well my carbtune is enroute. Very pleased.
          I Also got a set of Paradigm monitor 7s a large centre and a powered woofer.
          Its a good day.
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

I'm not sure you can feel out of sync carbs. Unless they are to the point misfiring or bike just runs bad overall. If a cylinder drops out (stops running) you can tell for sure. I have rode my bike with a bench sync and after using the tool on it. Could not tell the difference.
            [SIGPIC1980 GS1000E
            Yamaharley Roadstar Silverado.2008sigpic

Comment

My bike had some pretty serious vibrations (at/above 5,000rpm) which disappeared after a carb sync.

Comment

You may or may not feel vibration, depending on how badly out of sync. CV carbs are a tad difficult to bench sync accurately as very minor throttle butterfly opening differences are hard to detect or measure in any way. Best to always sync your carbs if they are unknown origin or you have had the rack apart.

Comment

Working...
                X