Replacement carb boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement carb boots

Hello everyone. In the process of rebuilding a 81 GS850. I need to rebuild the carbs. The boots between the carbs and the motor are beat. If I read properly the GS850 was built from 78-82. The boots for the 81 I've found are 130+ bucks. Found a set for 80 or so for a 79. Will they work or does anyone have a place to get them cheaper. Thanks everyone for any help you can give.

1979 boots will not work. Partsoutlaw.com has them for around $26 each.

Comment

Yep, the 79's used VM carbs and are not the correct size. The Partsoutlaw.com site has a good price and if you use promo code BANG you'll get shipping for $1.
      http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
      1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
      1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
      1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Thanks guys.imagejpeg_0.jpg

Comment

Rob, I have some parts for an 81 GS 850 i wont be using ,need something let me know.

Comment

Right now I need a good set of carb boots. Not crazy about 130 bucks but they are kind of important to have good ones

Comment

You can get a new set for right at $100 from Partsoutlaw.com. One dollar shipping if you use Promo Code: BANG during checkout.

Item 25 and 26. They are different part numbers marked L and R.
              http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
              1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
              1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
              1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

I got a set of Suzuki OEM boots,o-rings and new allen bolts for $ 150.00 from Z1 Enterprises,that includes shipping got here pretty quick too

Comment

I could use some carb boots and air box boots. Got an 80 gs850. Not really digging the eBay prices or quality.

Comment

Working...
                  X