Carb jet question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb jet question

One other thing I have going. I'm removing the air box and running cone filters. I know they will allow more air flow. I have read about needing to re jet the carbs. Any thoughts on if its needed or what size jets I should use. Thanks guys

Because you are removing the airbox and running cone filters", you will definitely need to change the jets.

What size jets will depend a LOT on what bike they are feeding.

It has been said before by one of our long-time members:
    "Although the GS hive-mind is all-knowing and nearly omniscient, we are not yet clairvoyant."

In other words, ... WHAT BIKE ARE WE TALKING ABOUT???

Please take a few moments, generate a signature that mentions what bike you have, so you don't have to go through the process of remembering to mention it every time you ask a question about it.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Sorry 81 GS 850g

Comment

Lots of threads on jetting.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Please take a few moments, generate a signature that mentions what bike you have, so you don't have to go through the process of remembering to mention it every time you ask a question about it.

I've poked around trying to figure out how to generate a signature for just that purpose, but can't seem to figure out how.

Comment

Josh, should be able to get it sorted from this thread. Settings then signature option....
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Riemann View Post
              I've poked around trying to figure out how to generate a signature for just that purpose, but can't seem to figure out how.
              On any page, look in the upper-right corner, you will see "Settings". Click on it.
              Now look down the left column, you will see an option for "Edit Signature". Click on it.
              The new window will look like you are typing a reply to a post. Put (almost anything) what you want in there.

It does not have to be fancy or extensive, like some of us have (in fact, there are limits to how large it can be), just something simple like "Current project: '81 850G".

Preview your post, then save it. It will now show up with every post you make.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
              X