Anyone ever use 6sigmajetkit.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by upb4dawn View Post
    Well, duh.. I didn't read the whole post & see you had a 450. Have a laugh on me.
    With you, but not at you.

i surely hope the "professionals" at 6sugma didn't send me 4 thinking I had 4 cylinders. Lol

maybe I should send an email and see what is said...

Comment

No, I don't think they did. They sent me two options in pairs, to sort of 'bracket' the situation. I could use the two pair, plus my old ones, in different combinations, and end up with two or three variations. Alas, neither worked, but the instructions were good, and it got me going in the right direction.
      There's folks that speak well of them. I had some difficulties. Things aren't perfect. I kept all the jets for the 'next' project.
      FYI, their sizing convention is different than DynoJet & Mikuni. There's a conversion chart that can be found. I'd link it but I'm sort on time right now. Maybe later.
      Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by upb4dawn View Post
        The small bit is intended to drill the slides, yes. Explain the 'warning' if you would, please (besides the fact that slides are very expensive to replace if things go wrong).
        I got a 6-Sigma kit for the last bike I worked on. The instructions were fair to good, but it turned out that the jets were not the right selection for the application. The reason two different sizes are sent is that they recommend the middle cylinders get a richer size. After some trial and error, I resolved the situation with jets from JetsRUs, bike runs fine now. Was pretty frustrating, I'd consider DynoJet next time if I went down that path. I'm trying to avoid much re-jetting on the next project, if possible, by not changing much in the way of intake/exhaust.
        If you screw up the drilling, the bike won't run right, especially off idle and at low revs.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

I guess I'm lucky, because it runs well, especially low-mid and roll on. It was tense, knowing that the slide/diaphragms are $90ish each.

IMG_3023.jpg
          1982 gs650GL (daughter's bike)
          1982 gs650E ( my current project )

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
            If you screw up the drilling, the bike won't run right, especially off idle and at low revs.
            Also be aware that the hole is NOT straight up-and-down. It angles inward at the top.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks; I didn't know that. Again, guess I was lucky. I don't think I'll go this route again on the E bike, keeping changes to an absolute minimum.
              IMG_3153.jpg

Comment

Did you end up using anything from the 6sigma kit? I'm looking at a kit for my 1980 GS550. I can get jets for less than the $80 they want for their kit, so I'm really wondering if the rest of the kit was useful. The kit I'm looking at says it comes with:

• Main Jets
                • Pilot Jets
                • Needle Adjusters
                • Nylon Needle Spacers
                • Slide Spring Modification
                • Drill Bits for
                • Slide Hole Modification (optional)
                • Idle Mixture Modification
                • Tuning Tech
                • Bike Specs
                • Carb Schematic
                • Carb Synchronizer Tool (how to build for $5)
                • Step by step instructions with photos for ease of installation.
                • Installation Support - If you need assistance we are there for you.

What is a "slide spring modification" or "idle mixture modification"? Also, was the "slide hole modification" optional on your kit? Kind of scared there is no turning back from that one.

Hope this thread isn't totally dead yet.
                2011 Honda Shadow 750RS (Sold)
                1979 Suzuki GS850 (Sold)
                2002 Yamaha Virago 250 (First Bike)(Sold)
                1980 Suzuki GN400 (Parting Out)
                1980 Honda CB650C (Bobber)(Sold)
                1980 Suzuki GS550 (Street Tracker)
                2013 Yamaha Super Tenere (Sold)
                1979 Suzuki GS1000 (Daily)
                1977 Yamaha XS750 (Sold)

Comment

The slide spring modification is clipping the spring on one end so it is shorter. This allows the slide to move quicker and thus improve acceleration. The idle mixture modification is just adjusting the idle mixture screw out. The slide hole modification is optional. But make sure the drill bit is straight. Mine was not straight. I sent feedback to the seller and they suggested that it got bent in shipping...

Comment

Did you have positive results from the kit? Other kits that seem to come with new needles and some sort of air jet corrector I think it was called. I read somewhere else online that someone said they saw the most gain from the needles being changed.
                    2011 Honda Shadow 750RS (Sold)
                    1979 Suzuki GS850 (Sold)
                    2002 Yamaha Virago 250 (First Bike)(Sold)
                    1980 Suzuki GN400 (Parting Out)
                    1980 Honda CB650C (Bobber)(Sold)
                    1980 Suzuki GS550 (Street Tracker)
                    2013 Yamaha Super Tenere (Sold)
                    1979 Suzuki GS1000 (Daily)
                    1977 Yamaha XS750 (Sold)

Comment

Cutting the spring increases spring rate. That would slow the rise of the slide.
                      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Working...
                      X