This is why Header Wrap SUX..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why Header Wrap SUX..

I now have a pile of rust coloured snow and no exhaust, Lesson Learned.
    IMG_20160921_150213046.jpg

If anyone in NEW ZEALAND has a spare exhaust from a gs650e or 550e I'm looking...

I'm sure environment plays a role, but I'd never wrap a bike exhaust. It doesn't even look good.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

I had mine blasted and ceramic coated before wrapping. Hope that works for me. To each his own, GS1150Pilot.

Comment

Wrapped exhaust is FUGLY and looks cheap. It's silly.

Comment

I reckon that's a Sagar pipe from the late 80's early 90's. I've seen enough of them...
          Check with wreckers or trademe for either usable OE or a Cycleworks pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
            I'm sure environment plays a role, but I'd never wrap a bike exhaust. It doesn't even look good.
            Yeah the "garage" has a constant 90% humidity, more like a cave. I think wraps look Cooool, like a mummy .

Comment

Originally posted by GregT View Post
              I reckon that's a Sagar pipe from the late 80's early 90's. I've seen enough of them...
              Check with wreckers or trademe for either usable OE or a Cycleworks pipe.
              Interesting, I just assumed a cycleworks pipe. The PO said they where from a GS550 , needed to be lightly spread but worked pretty good..Yeah I've been stalking Tradeyou, and ebay. CW exhaust is looking about 7-800 bucks, but at least its designed for the bike, and i know what happens if you wrap 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ View Post
                Wrapped exhaust is FUGLY and looks cheap. It's silly.
                Wrong, it looks neat, but yeah it looks cheap and yes it is silly, like smoking.

Comment

Originally posted by High Lord View Post
                  Yeah the "garage" has a constant 90% humidity, more like a cave. I think wraps look Cooool, like a mummy .
                  Like a mummy, it's dead.
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Wrong, it looks neat, but yeah it looks cheap and yes it is silly, like smoking.
                    You're entitled to your opinion. If you think it looks "neat", then wrap it up. Just don't be offended when i point at your bike and laugh.

I agree that smoking is silly, and worse.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ View Post
                      You're entitled to your opinion. If you think it looks "neat", then wrap it up. Just don't be offended when i point at your bike and laugh.

I agree that smoking is silly, and worse.
                      thank you for the "entitlement", very gracious of you. If you laugh at my bike ATM it means your in my "garage" next to a pile of rust and half unwrapped headers, come up and and i'll make you a cuppa, or I'll take offence. Neatly re-wrapping the headers now probably would achieve far less but thank you for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                        Like a mummy, it's dead.
                        But it still looks cool, till you take off the bandages after 3000 or say 3 years.

Comment

thank you for the "entitlement", very gracious of you. If you laugh at my bike ATM it means your in my "garage" next to a pile of rust and half unwrapped headers, come up and and i'll make you a cuppa, or I'll take offence. Neatly re-wrapping the headers now probably would achieve far less but thank you for the advice.
                          LOL... Anytime. If I'm ever down in Kiwi Land, I'll take you up on the offer of a cuppa.

Comment

But it still looks cool, till you take off the bandages after 3000 or say 3 years.
                            Er ... well, if you say so.

inside_mummified_adult_man_face.jpg
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                            X