Universal mufflers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universal mufflers

Was jumping around the internet on my current bout of insomnia. Up to 3 days. -_-

Found a site for "vintage" bikes -triumph, norton, bsa.
    They also sell universal mufflers that look nice.
    Thoughts?

I have a pair of dunstal replicas on my GS750 and my son has a similar set on his GS550 there fine and sound good.
    My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Yep, they're fine.

In most parts of the US, brand new stock Harley mufflers are plentiful and cheap. Apparently, your gonads fall off if you leave your Harley's exhaust stock for more than five minutes. Around here, there are usually a couple of sets of Harley mufflers on CrackList for $50 or less.

A little adapting and there you go. Many a GS is happily wearing cast-off Harley mufflers.
      Last edited by bwringer; 09-30-2016, 08:56 AM.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I had a set of the Dunstalls welded on for a 79' 850, worked and looked great! If you make sure you get the wide mouth type the baffle is removable to properly pack it. Good website, thanks.

Universal Dunstall style replica muffler. High quality construction and finish Mounting clamp and bracket included Reducer shims included for other fitment sizes Fits on either left or right side R
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
        X