CV diaphragm springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV diaphragm springs

I am trying to find out what the PO did to this set of 1100e carbs. The diaphragm springs are only about 2" long, and the needle, while resembling the stock one, has 6 grooves for the e-clip. Can anyone remember a jet kit like this? The bike has K&N pods and stock exhaust (?). I am thinking the lighter spring would quicken the slide movement?
    sigpic
    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
    1983 GS1100e
    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
    1980 GS1260
    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

That was probably the idea. You might also find that the hole that goes through the throttle slide has been drilled out so the air pressures between the vacuum created in the throttle body and the vacuum in the upper chamber can be equalised more quickly. This was done to provide a "snappier" throttle response.

Unless you are into racing big time, I would try to restore the carbs to factory settings, making the necessary adjustments for your K&N air filters. You should be able to make fine adjustments to the main jetting by adjusting the C clip up and down on the jet needle.

You need to do some plug chops (search this forum for "plug chops") to see how the bike is running now before you alter anything.

Although I would be tempted to get replacement springs and replace those first. Someone will have some spares.
    Richard
    sigpic
    GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
    GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
    GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
    GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
    Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
    Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Working...
    X