help cleaning Keihin CR Specials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help cleaning Keihin CR Specials

I have been searching for any information on rebuilding and cleaning these Keihin CR-S 35's. I'm coming up empty handed so far on both this site and web searches. Specifically I need some pointers on how to start taking the throttle linkage apart so I can un-gang the carbs. -Dan

Ok, this is what I do. Remove the tops of the carbs then remove the screws that holds the slides. Do this on carbs 1, 2 and 4. I'll assume you've removed gang plates etc by this point. Do not remove the #3 carb from the throttle shaft. That way you don't have to screw with the springs on that carb. Then just disassemble carbs one by one and run it all through an ultrasonic cleaner. Again, I'll assume you know about keeping parts separate, etc.
    80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Thanks man. Your advice is exactly what I was looking for.
      Originally posted by nastyjones View Post
      Ok, this is what I do. Remove the tops of the carbs then remove the screws that holds the slides. Do this on carbs 1, 2 and 4. I'll assume you've removed gang plates etc by this point. Do not remove the #3 carb from the throttle shaft. That way you don't have to screw with the springs on that carb. Then just disassemble carbs one by one and run it all through an ultrasonic cleaner. Again, I'll assume you know about keeping parts separate, etc.
      crs_parts_1.jpg

Comment

Working...
      X