GS450 Pilot jet screwu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450 Pilot jet screwu

Can anyone tell me where the pilot jet screw on my 1981 GS450 carb is? I've attached a couple of photos (apologies for the terrrible quality)

Many tks
    Attached Files
    1981 GS450

If you mean the pilot screw, it's under this plug (circled in red). You can drill a small hole in it, screw in a screw and then pull it out with some pliers. Don't go too deep otherwise you'll damage the actual screw. If you do a search there's lots of info on this and you can probably find some pictures,too.

If you're talking about the pilot jet - It's under the float bowl and is easiest to get to with the carbs off.carb1 (1).jpg
    1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
    1977 GS550
    1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by sam000lee View Post
      If you mean the pilot screw, it's under this plug (circled in red). You can drill a small hole in it, screw in a screw and then pull it out with some pliers. Don't go too deep otherwise you'll damage the actual screw. If you do a search there's lots of info on this and you can probably find some pictures,too.

If you're talking about the pilot jet - It's under the float bowl and is easiest to get to with the carbs off.[ATTACH=CONFIG]48518[/ATTACH]
      Thanks for your help - much appreciated
      1981 GS450

Comment

Working...
      X