Parts compatibility 1978 gs750, 1980 gs750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts compatibility 1978 gs750, 1980 gs750

My 1978 gs750 has a pretty rusty stock exhaust and several other things that it needs. I found another gs750 that I can pick up complete for 250$ but don't know anything about its running condition. It's an 80 or newer bike without a Kickstarter. What parts will work on the 78??? Specifically the exhaust, side covers, cam covers, and wiring. I will actually get to look at the bike in person Friday so any advice or things to look for would be very helpful.

Thanks

Some of the wiring might work.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Efordman View Post
      My 1978 gs750 has a pretty rusty stock exhaust and several other things that it needs. I found another gs750 that I can pick up complete for 250$ but don't know anything about its running condition. It's an 80 or newer bike without a Kickstarter. What parts will work on the 78??? Specifically the exhaust, side covers, cam covers, and wiring. I will actually get to look at the bike in person Friday so any advice or things to look for would be very helpful.

Thanks
      78' is an 8 valve motor, 80's is a 16 valve motor. Probably not a lot of stuff that transfers.

Comment

Working...
      X