299ccs of p!$$ed off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

299ccs of p!$$ed off!

Hi errbody! Just swinging in to say I got rid of this cheap setup:20170130_124105.jpg

And sprung for these puppies. 20170130_123839.jpg

Comment

And this little feller here, too. 20170130_123855.jpg

Sorry for all the posts, but I can only put one pic in each post.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric View Post
        Sorry for all the posts, but I can only put one pic in each post.
        You can post up to TEN pictures per post if you follow directions given.

You need to host the pictures on a picture hosting site, not GSR. Most are free, some are better than others, but all of them reduce the load on the GSR servers. When hosted, post the IMG link to each picture, along with an extra space between them, you can do ten full-size pictures per post. Oh, it also helps if the pictures are not FULL size that some cameras can do. A picture that is 800x600 is very comfortable.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Why was the setup cheap? Just cos it was not a name brand filter?
          It looked functional to me though a bit space consuming.
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

It was cheap because... well, it honestly was cheap. I think it was under $20 each pod, and then I drilled and plumbed breather lines to them. The rubber boots were cracking really bad, so I dropped a little coin for the K&Ns - they were only $21 each!

Comment

Where did you get the breather hose filter? Do you remember the OD/ID of the rubber bit? My 450 hose is currently just venting onto my crankcase and in the cold weather has been dripping...

Was there any advantage of running the breather tube back into the pods? I was under the impression that it is only set up that way originally to please the emissions folks.
              1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
              1977 GS550
              1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Originally posted by sam000lee View Post
                Where did you get the breather hose filter? Do you remember the OD/ID of the rubber bit? My 450 hose is currently just venting onto my crankcase and in the cold weather has been dripping...

Was there any advantage of running the breather tube back into the pods? I was under the impression that it is only set up that way originally to please the emissions folks.
                I got the breather filter at Autozone, and then had to cobble up a means of fixing it to the breather. I snipped a short bit of the OEM breather tube, clamped a hard plastic nipple in one end of said tube, and then slipped the filter down over the other end of the nipple. Turned out a LOT cleaner looking than I thought it would.

As for T-ing the breather tube back into the pods, I just did that because that's how the stock airbox is set up. The only advantages I could imagine are some upper cylinder lube and somewhat negative crankcase pressure at WOT - supposedly that's a good thing?

Comment

Working...
                X