83 gs1100 only runs for a second on starting fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dherko View Post
    Did you ever fix this issue? I'm having the same problem with my 650gl. Just put a carb kit in and now it wont start but with fluid.
    Original poster is apparently no longer active.

Would be best for you to start a new thread.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Dherko View Post
      Did you ever fix this issue? I'm having the same problem with my 650gl. Just put a carb kit in and now it wont start but with fluid.
      As Redman mentioned, this is an old thread. The original poster is listed as a "Guest", probably because he has not logged in for over a year and his account is inactive. Yeah, it's also over three years old with NO activity.

Yes, you should probably have started your own thread, but since you're here, let's try to answer your question by asking some questions of our own.

You "put in a carb kit". What kind of a carb kit? Most "rebuild kits" that are available are, let's say, "questionable quality".

If all you did was to open up the carbs enough to install the rebuild kit, you will need to go back to square one. Hopefully you still have the parts you took out of the carbs so you can do the job properly. You will need to follow THIS TUTORIAL to the letter. It's going to take some time, it's going to take some chemicals, it's going to take some tools. Any shortcuts you take will only be an opportunity to do it over and do it right.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
      X