Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Effects of E10 and E20 fuel on the GS engines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Sta-Bil Marine, a shot in every tank. It is quite reasonably priced by the quart from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/STA-BIL-22240...DK/ref=sr_1_20

E10 is mandated here
    sigpic
    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
    1983 GS1100e
    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
    1980 GS1260
    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

I've seen that fairly new E-20....ugh. My old van was flex fuel capable and when I tried a few tanks of the E-85 my mileage dropped enough that it wasn't worth it the supposed savings....that was back when you could save your E-85 receipts and send those in for tax credit...{which also wasn't worth it}.
      This dang ethanol is simply tearing up old gaskets and float bowls to the point the old cars and cycles won't stay running for years to come...guess they planned it that way. When cash for clunkers died off we were left with clunker gas to finish the job...just no cash given to us. I suppose it could be worse - think it's France that has that whole nothing before 1980ish gets licensed any more there....nice!

Comment

I know when we took our cross country trip my MPG with ethanol was around 28-29 and non ethanol 35-36 riding two up fully loaded, the "savings" are neglegatible

Comment

Working...
        X