rejetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rejetting

have a gs750l 1980 us spec just replaced exhaust with mac 4 into 2 turn out, from a 4 to 1, was told it will probably need rejetting, does anyone know what jet kit to get emailed mac exhausts but they never replied, seem to have fuel consumtion issues too, anyone help.Thanks. Andy

What jets do you have in there right now and what's your intake situation?
    1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
    1977 GS550
    1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Welcome to the site.
      If you have the stock airbox you should be able to keep the stock jetting.
      Putting your location and year/model of your bike in your signature is always a good idea.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Don't know as I'm not good at tech stuff

Comment

Don't know as I'm not good with tech stuff was wanting to know which ones to get for a mechanic to do

Comment

Don't know as I'm not good with tech stuff but wanted to know what jet kit to get for a mechanic to put in

Comment

Impossible to say what to buy without knowing what you already have or how it's running. You don't need a jet kit for that exhaust... but if it also has pods, it may have a jet kit in it already. ... or go back to stock everything.
              That said, I can't help but to think you might just let the mechanic tell you what to buy if you can't identify an air filter.
              -1980 GS1100 LT
              -1975 Honda cb750K
              -1972 Honda cl175
              - Currently presiding over a 1970 T500

Comment

Originally posted by Anjon View Post
                Don't know as I'm not good with tech stuff but wanted to know what jet kit to get for a mechanic to put in
                First off, if you plan on owning a 37 year old bike you might want to get better at working on it. These ole gals usually need a lot of attention at first. Years of maintenance that has been neglected. If you choose to live in the dark and not work on your own bike then I would suggest that you find a better mechanic that knows how to work on these. Any quality mechanic who's schooled in the older bikes should be able to figure out what's needed quite easily. Trying to get an internet forum to figure out what jetting you need without a lot of detailed information on what and how the bike is running is fruitless.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
                1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
                1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

thanks for the replies

Comment

Working...
                  X