Leaky O-rings on the Carb Nipples/ T connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaky O-rings on the Carb Nipples/ T connectors

Ok with the help of my buddy I got my bike running again. Seems to be idling right this time. Now it's leaking gas out of the T connectors between the carbs. It seems that the o-ring is torn. Can I replace this with any correct sized o-ring?
    Last edited by mrhedges; 03-30-2017, 09:39 PM.
    1981 GS 850G

sigpic

Since you "failed to clean it correctly and set the floats right", why not just take the carbs off and do them correctly?

Get the o-ring kit from member Robert Barr at cycleorings.com, it comes with ALL the proper o-rings you will need.

Did you replace the o-rings on the intake boots? He has them, too, along with stainless bolts that hold the boots to the engine.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Sorry. You misunderstood me. I did do it right this time and I did replace the O rings and the O rings in the intake boots. What I need is the O-rings that fit on those T pieces that connect each carb.
      1981 GS 850G

sigpic

Comment

Here is a link to the part that is leaking. http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-GS100...ZYcZNV&vxp=mtr It is leaking out off a torn o-ring so I need new o-rings
        1981 GS 850G

sigpic

Comment

Ok, you have edited your original statement to remove the offending phrase, but it is still quoted in my response.

You only said you did not do it correctly, you did not say that you had re-done the job.

That said, if you have metal Ts, as pictured, they are not stock, so the cycleoring kit will not have enough to do them, as well.

If you choose to locate some locally, just make sure they are the right material to handle gasoline.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Cool thanks. I realize I miscommunicated the situation. sorry about that.
            Last edited by mrhedges; 03-30-2017, 10:54 PM.
            1981 GS 850G

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X