JBM diaphragm fit question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JBM diaphragm fit question

Hi everyone, I have a small tear in one of the carb diaphragms. I would like to replace it with a diaphragm from JBM Industries, who seem to get positive reviews from the GSR community. However, I'm not sure they have one for my carb, and I was hoping to see what the greater community thinks. My carb is a BS32SS. They have a diaphragm for a BS34, and in the notes it says it also fits the my BS32SS. The 70mm groove diameter is right. My slide is 28mm, the JBM "tire hole" is 25mm, but I think that's because it needs to stretch. The tricky one is the tire width, which JBM lists at 4mm, but I'm measuring 3mm. The part numbers for the slide/diaphragm combos are different for the BS42 and the BS 32, but that might just be the length or something. Anyway, has anyone tried the BS34 diaphragm on a BS32 slide? Any help is appreciated!

Originally posted by Ian Donahue View Post
    Hi everyone, I have a small tear in one of the carb diaphragms. I would like to replace it with a diaphragm from JBM Industries, who seem to get positive reviews from the GSR community. However, I'm not sure they have one for my carb, and I was hoping to see what the greater community thinks. My carb is a BS32SS. They have a diaphragm for a BS34, and in the notes it says it also fits the my BS32SS. The 70mm groove diameter is right. My slide is 28mm, the JBM "tire hole" is 25mm, but I think that's because it needs to stretch. The tricky one is the tire width, which JBM lists at 4mm, but I'm measuring 3mm. The part numbers for the slide/diaphragm combos are different for the BS42 and the BS 32, but that might just be the length or something. Anyway, has anyone tried the BS34 diaphragm on a BS32 slide? Any help is appreciated!
    Just saw your post, unreplied to, & it is now 10/20/18. I have same ? on my '81 GS850G.

Did you ever get on & does it fit?

I am confused by some of the info they have there. I seems they use the term "Tire" in more than one context, unless I am just daft. It seems the tire is the opening that fits onto the slide itself but then is that what the 4mm refers to? Or is it the width of the groove that takes the outer edge of the diaphragm on the carb body? Or both????? Wow!

I don't want to rip out any of my hardening diaphragms to check addition measurements until I get it straight. None ripped but seem a bit stiffer than they should be and just barely fit into the groove of the carb, also they are kind of "wrinkled".

Well lemme know if you ever went with hem and how it worked out. Hope this works, can't believe someone is making these and at a reasonable price. $600 to replace 4 slide/diaphragms (if OEM still available) would put my old girl in the "selling bike for parts" classifieds.

DH
    Rides ROADKILL-1981 GS850G, very slowly these days. :dancing:

Comment

Hey DH, wow that's a blast form the past! So... I ordered the diaphrams, but never installed them, I got things dialed in pretty well with some other tricks. But if you're interested, I'll sell you my diaphrams for half price. These are exactly what I ordered:

Diaphragm Mikuni BS34SS M-70mm
      ( Old # M-70mm diaphragm Mikuni BS34SS) -- M-70 diaphragm for KZ750, 700, 1000, 1100, etc. Suzuki GS1000, Katana, GS650L,1100, 750, etc. Yamaha XJ700 MIKUNI CARBURETOR.

Never installed, still in the envelope. $39 plus shipping, maybe $8? If you're interested, DM me and we'll get it done!

Ian

Comment

Hey DH, wow that's a blast form the past! So... I ordered the diaphrams, but never installed them, I got things dialed in pretty well with some other tricks. But if you're interested, I'll sell you my diaphrams for half price. These are exactly what I ordered:

( Old # M-70mm diaphragm Mikuni BS34SS) -- M-70 diaphragm for KZ750, 700, 1000, 1100, etc. Suzuki GS1000, Katana, GS650L,1100, 750, etc. Yamaha XJ700 MIKUNI CARBURETOR.

Never installed, still in the envelope. $39 plus shipping, maybe $8? If you're interested, DM me and we'll get it done!

Ian
        Hi Ian, I myself am a blast from the past, i.e. 70 1/2. Sounds good, as a professional geezer not sure what DM means to you, to me it is either District Manager or my initials if my last name was McGlonsky.

Lemmee know, do you do PAYPAL? That would work good for me or I can send a check. Lemmee know. Contact me direct @

suzukizone@yahoo.com,

I'll give you my contact info.

Thanks,

DH

Comment

Ian
          Haven't heard back from you. Tried reply to your last post and to send a private message. As stated I am interested in your offer if it is still open. Will also try again via the private message tho not clear if I did that correctly.
          Well, hope to hear back. Not in a super rush but if I don't hear at some point soon I will just order direct from JBM. Lemmee know what's up even if you have changed your mind, that's OK, just want to know.

Be safe out there!

DH

Comment

Working...
          X