Carb synch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb synch

Thank you for the information i do have stock exaust and air box i would to know about the mixture screws in front i have them at 1and half turns out carb synch all even bike runs great idle is just a little off but cosistent does that spark plug that you van see through worth buying to get it perfect

Hi David, i assume you are talking about a Colortune?
    We will need to know what year and bike you are talking about for the best answer. It should be added to your signature.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I got a 1982 750t ya colortune is the name of that spark plug

Comment

Don't bother getting a colortune. They don't work on a CV carb.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
        1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
        1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Did we miss the first part of this thread?

Or maybe you are continuing the thoughts of a previous thread, but started a new one, instead?

Rather confusing.

Now, regarding the mixture screws: 1 1/2 turns out and it's running? WOW. Might have done that when it was new, but with 30+ years of use and what is being pawned off as "gasoline" these days, it might run a lot better between 2 and 2 1/2 turns out.

JT is right about the Colortune. Although one member says that his works, there have been many others (including me) that have tried it and found it less than satisfactory. I was never able to see a color change, the fire just went intermittent, then stopped. When the screw was turned back out, the fire started again and went steady, but never changed color. Tried the same unit on an older bike with VM carbs, it worked BEAUTIFULLY. If you had an older bike, I would rercommend it heartily, but not with the carbs that you have.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
          X