Pilot screw washer stuck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot screw washer stuck?

I rebuilt my carbs recently, soaked them, the whole nine yards. However, I am a bit stuck now as I dont see any of the pilot screw parts other than the spring in my parts bag and I dont recall the washer/oring. I am looking down in there and I cant tell if the washer is just that worn that it looks to be part of the passageway. I saw a few tricks for removing them but those appear to be if it is just floating in there. Can anyone familiar with this take a look at pics and tell me

1. if you think the washer is still in there

2. suggestions on removal

Its so hard to see in there but I do think I see some edge to the washer indicating it is still there. Who knows how long since these things have been changed so I suppose its possible they just appear to be part of the passageway now?

20170513_092044.jpg

Here is another pic. It looks like I see a lip at the edge.

20170513_092125.jpg

Comment

Doesn't look like the washer is in there to me. If the ledge is aluminum then it's not in there. The washer would be raised slightly since the O-ring is below it. I usually use a bent SS dental pick to pull the washer and O-ring out.
      http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
      1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
      1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
      1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Argh! I just dont remember them coming out and they are not anywhere. Thats what I get for mixing beer with this kind of thing!

Comment

I would take a pick like JTGS suggested and run it down through there as I am thinking I see it.
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
          X