1978 GS550 Carburetor Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1978 GS550 Carburetor Help.

Hello everyone I just joined this forum and I am happy to be a part of it. I own a 1978 suzuki GS550 that has been converted into a brat. The guy I bought it from installed some carbs from a honda motorcycle but the would not let the motorcycle reach its full potential, so I hoped on Craigslist and "found" some from a 1979 GS550 but they do not fit whatsoever I mean they might but the boots that go into the head are to short that the carbs hit against the engine before they're in the boots. The serial number on the engine is GS550-127180 if anyone can point me in the right direction or if you know you have the right carbs and would like to get rid of them please help me out.

The original carb setup on the 1979 gs550's looked like this part fiche....does your replacement setup look similar?

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Welcome to the site, Crissy.
      Could be you bought the correct carbs and have the wrong boots. They were probably changed for the Honda carbs.
      How about a couple pics of what you have.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Hey guys I can't seem to upload any pictures I can't figure it out, I'm still stuck with this problem as soon as I can upload pictures I'll post them to get moving

Comment

You can either use these instructions which allow the use of up to 10 full sized (please make them 800x640) pictures per post or you can use the insert image icon for one picture per post

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
          X