Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 850 1980 Exhaust

Hi,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Max and I live in Holland. I recently bought a gs 850 from 1980. The bike needs some work and the previous owner started a cafe racer project. I am planning to finish this project. The bike needs some new parts like intake booths and a new exhaust. The intake booths are not hard to find but the exhaust is a different story. I found some new idea but they cost up to 300 euro's (330 dollar) and since I only paid400 for the bike, that very expensive. My exhausts are rusted trought on the collector and I wonder if there is cheaper way to fix this. Are there any other exhausts that I can use or other fixes?

Thank you in advance!

Greetings,

Max

Hi Max, if it is just the collector box that has rotted then you can get a fix around that by replcing it with 2 straight steel tubes. There are some details in my rebuild thread in my sig.

Also, let me introduce you to BassCliff's site

The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrano View Post
      Hi Max, if it is just the collector box that has rotted then you can get a fix around that by replcing it with 2 straight steel tubes. There are some details in my rebuild thread in my sig.

Also, let me introduce you to BassCliff's site

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/
      I wish I had your patience. Your 850 is extremely sweet. Mine needs attention for oil misting on the fins, and is kind of a hybrid, the results of hitting 2 deer and putting it back together on the fly so I can ride it. Don't want the down time, I have too many other jobs sitting around.

Comment

Thank you for your advice. Last week I bought a new exhaust (4-1). The exhaust fits but the bracket on the rear demper needs to be adjusted. So I need to find a welder who can do that for me.

Greetings,

Max

Comment

Working...
        X