Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

choke "noodle" question

I'm pulling my carbs, or trying to.

what's this little gizmo, and more importantly can I just pull the cable through it or is there some magic thing somewhere I'm missing to disconnect the cable?

20170708_201445.jpg

never mind. pointing a light at it helps.14995604004431772906462.jpg

Comment

That there gizmo be your choke cable and throttle cable bracket. I'm guessing you don't use you choke if it wasn't hooked up.
      :cool:GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

while I'm at it though, I found it has a 115 main jet. I've got a 4-1 and the stock air box.

edit: and 45 pilot jet

my manual says sick is 107.5 so hoping this has already been re jetted, it's an 82 1100e...
        Last edited by Guest; 07-08-2017, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shwaz View Post
          while I'm at it though, I found it has a 115 main jet. I've got a 4-1 and the stock air box.

edit: and 45 pilot jet

my manual says sick is 107.5 so hoping this has already been re jetted, it's an 82 1100e...
          Throw in the K&N filter you mentioned in you first post about this bike and you should be about right. A 4-1 adds better exhaust flow, but that alone doesn't necessarily need rejetting.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

thanks Rick.

the kn filter I did install last year (in the air box, not pod filters, though I have a set it sounds like it'll just make more work for me).

the bike had been running a little different lately though. there's a"dead spot" somewhere, for lack of a better word, where an increase in throttle doesn't cause an increase in rpm.

I'd let it sit a few months so I thought carbs. I only opened one of the 4 but the main and pilot jets look very clean. I'm not sure how to check for wear, or if the right sides were used as mentioned above

Comment

Originally posted by shwaz View Post
              thanks Rick.

the kn filter I did install last year (in the air box, not pod filters, though I have a set it sounds like it'll just make more work for me).

the bike had been running a little different lately though. there's a"dead spot" somewhere, for lack of a better word, where an increase in throttle doesn't cause an increase in rpm.

I'd let it sit a few months so I thought carbs. I only opened one of the 4 but the main and pilot jets look very clean. I'm not sure how to check for wear, or if the right sides were used as mentioned above
              Sorry when I made that comment I hadn't look at the whole thread. You may want to play with the height of the jet needle to eliminate that dead spot. Check to see what clip it at now and what factory is. I think most factory settings are in the middle slot. If you lower the clip one spot it raises the needle, which will bring the main into play a little quicker. Good luck with it.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Working...
              X