Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1166 with baffle,need only 150 main jet?..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 81gs7501166 View Post
    I'm an old school seat of the pants [wideband kinda guy).
    I would like to play with one though.
    59 and still learning?..
    They are great for getting things set up quickly, and its pretty cool to see the effects of the changes that you've made.
    The drawback for me is you can waste allot of time "Super Fine Tuning" if you aren't careful... and when you think you've got it just right, the next day the humidity goes way up of the Temps drop and the readings change... and you can waste messing with it again. lol
    Now I set it up on a cool day like Im most likely to be out riding on, get it where I want it, then unhook the meter, cap the plug and put the meter away in the garage and not worry about it anymore.
    1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

I'm an old school seat of the pants [wideband kinda guy).
      I would like to play with one though.
      59 and still learning?..
      I was trying to tune my 1166 pulling a small hill and using a WB02 meter. Despite the moderate incline, I was going through teh gears so fast that the floats in teh BS36's would not even settle enough to get any idea what AFR was. I went around and around getting nowhere. I finally found a long 2 mile long 6% grade and did WB 1/4, 1/2, 34/ and WOT fixed throttle accelerations in each of 2,3,4 and some 5.

I got it sorted in one afternoon. Then the front wheel lifted easily in 2nd gear roll on.

Comment

Sorry, I went out to the garage and looked around, but I didn't find the 3133 needles I thought I had.
        1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Slight stutter just off idle at crusie around 3k.
          Lowering the floats tonight 1-1.5mm
          Anyone got 4 needle washers they would drop in an Envelope?
          Might have to go just a tad leaner on the Clip?
          Benn a lot of trial and error but to me I it's worth It!
          Getting too often close to stop Now!

Thanks all

Comment

for what it is worth, almost everyone with a 1100 16V , Dynojet needle and 4:1 exhaust ends up with a 47.5 pilot jet to avoid the irreducible part throttle stumble.

Comment

I'll check my size.

Comment

Float were .086,too high,now at .098 and stutter almost gone,going to .105 and I bet it's done.
                My pilots were 45, should I order some 47.5s?
                Never knew the float setting was so important,59 still learning.
                Ride with floats at .098 was the best so far,any gear,any rpm,Crack the gas or creep into it and just
                HOLD on!
                Thanks all.

Comment

My pilots were 45, should I order some 47.5s?
                  Where are your mixture screws at? Just as a point of interest, Canadian model 1100E's came with the 47.5 pilot stock and that is what mine has in it with pods and a 4-1.

Never knew the float setting was so important,59 still learning.
                  Yep. Lots of people don't check this and then fight jetting without realizing their floats are way out or, even worse, not all the same.

Mark
                  1982 GS1100E
                  1998 ZX-6R
                  2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Screws were 3+,
                    47.5s came in today, install tomorrow,and lower float,to .115ish,and reset screws to 2 out to start.
                    Thanks

Comment

47.5s in,screw 2 out,,float .120.
                      Best response all across the rpm,I've ever felt,but.
                      Stutter is worse now.
                      Leaning the clip to 3rd from bottom next?
                      Thanks

Comment

Did you ever get the carbs sorted out? Final jets sizes? Thanks joe

Comment

You really need to set the fuel level to where it needs to be, then select the jetting that works with it, not the other way around. Note that changing the fuel height will affect ALL the circuits. Raising the fuel level (lower numbers for "float height) will make everything richer and vice versa. When you increased the numbers on your float height, you were lowering the fuel level, making everthing leaner, then making other adjustments to compensate for that. Fuel height is the first thing that needs to be set, then don't change it.

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                          X