Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GN125 sliders to GSX 400F one problem

Hello again,

I am almost finished with my carbies I am only in need of new slider assemblies because diaphragms are in holes to be exact three of them are bad. Replacement diaphragms are in need to be glued I don't trust that plus my sliders are worn also.

This is polish but as you can see: http://allegro.pl/membrana-gaznika-p...801935883.html

GN125 slider has 3 airports in it my sliders have only one. Does it make a diffrence or I need to somehow plug those additional holes and swap needle plate for the blind one from my sliders?

I just don't know how to correctly plug those additional passages only question I have. So far I have only one solution I have german RTV which is completely immune to gasoline(it won't break) so I can clog those holes with it.

Any other ideas?

I really would like to have NOS new sliders, but those are gone from this world I can only depend and what China makes today.

Those look good.. why not try them leaving the 3 holes undisturbed... it might not matter as the idea is to get good vacuum over the diaphragm top.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

The extra holes might cause the slide to lift faster than the engine wants. In the past where I've drilled the slides to tune them to an engine - but gone too big - I've made up lightweight plastic plugs and epoxied them in place. No failures yet...

Comment

So far with my polish friends we also deducted to have some type of plug and then fill it with epoxy and we have "poxipol" there it will do the job. I am going to clog those ports and then use blind plate. I think this motorcycle will finally go to a good state i guess. Thank you.

Only a shame those sliders are indeed chineese :/ but nothing more is to buy my only option to get this bike running for at least couple of thousands :/

Comment

Working...
        X