X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle adjustment screw '85 GS1100G

Hi All,

Love this place keep it going please

I'm trying and failing at finding 3 X M5 Allen/Socket head screws to replace the fiddly little buggers that are OEM. The reason they seem so hard to find is because they have a .5mm pitch. Apparently an M5 of most lengths would be .8mm pitch On the diagram they're item 31 part number 13605-47080.

GS1100G carbs.jpg
    What I hope to do here is replace the OEM with Allen/Socket head screws 20mm long to allow a spring to be placed where the lock nut would be. Allen/Socket head means no special tool required easier to adjust. It is hoped that the spring will keep it all in place.

Anyone done this before

Anyone know where I might find 3 X M5 X 20mm .5 pitch Allen head bolts

I think I have some extras from some carb bodies that I have for spare parts.

By the way, they are not just "throttle adjustment" screws, they are specifically the "Sync adjustment" screws.

I have started looking into doing exactly what you are describing with the socket head screws, but it's hard to find exactly what is needed. I have acquired a die for the proper size and am cutting my own threads. I have a set in use on my bike, testing the concept to make sure they stay in place. So far, it seems to be working, but will check carb sync again to make sure it hasn't changed.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Wow Steve, that's totally awesome How much do you want to make me a set [3]?

Comment

Working...
      X