1978 airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1978 airbox

hi guys I'm needing some help , I need to know if I can put the air box in with the motor already in , I have pods on and I want to go back to the stock air box , thanks for any help
    - reason??... so I can have it out side and not get water in it if it rains or anything like that

Originally posted by suzukigs750 View Post
    hi guys I'm needing some help , I need to know if I can put the air box in with the motor already in , I have pods on and I want to go back to the stock air box , thanks for any help
    - reason??... so I can have it out side and not get water in it if it rains or anything like that
    Remove the carbs and put it in, then squeeze the carbs back in. Don't forget to change the jets back to stock before putting the carbs back in.
    :cool:GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Leave the hanger bolts out and the hose between the rear section off. Get the boots on the carbs and clamped down before setting the airbox up for the bolts. May also take a heat gun and soften the face of the box and us a hammer down the hose hole to push the wall out just a little. Hold till the plastic cools and keeps the set. This helps the 2 middle boots get onto the carbs when fitting it up.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

thanks guy so it will slid in with the motor in the frame, my old kz air box wouldn't thanks so much

Comment

Working...
        X