Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GS Fuel sender/Fuel level indicator repair/replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS Fuel sender/Fuel level indicator repair/replacement?

GS FUEL SENDER sought...
    - I am after a fuel sender/level indicator (for the fuel tank) for the GS series please. That is the bit that goes inside the fuel tank and 'send's' info the the fuel gauge about how much fuel is in the tank/bike. Suzuki part no: 34810-49400. Have tried eBay and have gotten four senders none of which fit (all from the US)!!! grrrr. My bike is a 1983 GS1100G however any GS series bike has the same part number for the sender. Thx ciao paul@kalgrove.com ps I am in Brisbane Australia

AS you have already found out, NOT all GS models have the same part number. The part number you quote is for a fuel sender that fits these models only...
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Why do you want one? Is yours broken or missing? If you have yours and it just doesn't work correctly, they can be repaired.
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend, now for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
        Why do you want one? Is yours broken or missing? If you have yours and it just doesn't work correctly, they can be repaired.
        yes Alke mines broken it works for a couple of days then stops - i have had the fuel gauge rebuilt so it works so the sender must be faulty the wire came off it when i first took the tank off last year. I have had another four senders from the US however none of them work. All on eBay. So i am trying another approach now. My mechanic and i have tried to repair ie I re-soldered the wire on (outside underneath the tank) and tested and tested it etc and it worked however it stops working after a short while once in the actual tank. Thank you for your interest and question. If nothing turns up i will try having it repaired at an instrument repair shop here in Brisbane where i got my two instruments restored ciao paul

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
          AS you have already found out, NOT all GS models have the same part number. The part number you quote is for a fuel sender that fits these models only...
          yes thank you my model is in here Phew!! thx for this list Agemax (good avatar bit like me pretty aged) ciao paul

Comment

What probably happening Paulo is the contactor looses connection with the waffle board. Bend the 3 tabs that hold the cover on and remove the cover. Youll see two stops that the float arm hits. Bend one of those tabs so the contactor drops past the windings and bend it in a little so it maintains constant contact with the windings on the waffle board.
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
            X