Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mac 4 into 2 exhaust for '80 GS1100E - any experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac 4 into 2 exhaust for '80 GS1100E - any experience?

Unfortunately the stock exhaust on my 1980 GS1100E has rusted through in a few places and I need to replace it. I'd love to stay with stock, but am having difficulties finding a replacement in good condition. Thus, I've branched out into the aftermarket. I've done enough tweaking with carbs on modified bikes to know that I don't really want to do it with this bike. I'd like to keep the stock look of a 4 into 2 set up and the only one I've found that is still available is made by Mac. Does anyone have experience with this set up? I'm mostly curious to know whether or not the flow characteristics of these pipes are such that the stock jetting can be retained. If not, I'd be interested to hear what jetting changes were required to bring it back into proper running.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris

If your intake is stock then the most you will have to do for any aftermarket pipe is tweak the mixture screws a bit and go up 1 or 2 sizes on the main jets. It isn't a big deal at all to sort that , especially compared to going to pod filters.

Mark
    1982 GS1100E
    1998 ZX-6R
    2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

how loud are these pipes? I love the sound of the original stockers and do NOT want loud pipes.

Comment

Had a friend with a set,years ago,best I remember they aren't as quiet as stock,but almost,if u leave the stock baffle in,and they don't give as much
        Power as the 4 into 1. I think his set came with jetting instructions,main up 2 I think is all he did.

Comment

I never liked the look or finish of MAC exhausts. I had one on my XS11 and really came to dislike it.
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
          X