No announcement yet.

Carb sync tool on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1970..set them all equal under a vacuum load..they need to read the same as the engines applying vacuum so it makes sense to calibrate them under a load.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

so how about this? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motion-Pro-...pZsxKx&vxp=mtr

1980 GS1000G - The Beast - GOING... GOING... yup, it's gone. I'm bikeless !!! GAaaahh !!!
      1978 KZ1000C1 Police - GONE !
      1983 GPZ750, aka ZX750A1 - restored, fresh paint... Gave it back, it was a loaner !!!
      Check My Albums for some of the 30+ headaches I've dealt with

I know -JUST- enough to make me REALLY dangerous !

Comment

I've had the exact same 4 round gauge setup, mentioned in the first post, for about 8 years now. I calibrated them one time with a 5 into one plastic manifold I got at the auto parts store for a couple of dollars. The covers screw off and you can calibrate them to read all the same. I use my Mity-vac as the vacuum source. Now every time I grab them to use, I re-check the calibration and in over 8+ years I've not had to touch the calibration.

To the guys who say they are junk, I wonder if they've ever tried them?

Now in the Kawasaki shop, in which I work as a mechanic, we have the Morgan, a couple of the gauge types and a fully electronic 4 carb tuner. They all work well. But for my home shop I'll stay with the $50 set I bought so many years ago. It's works just as good as the high priced stuff. Plus it comes with the correct adapters for Suzuki and Honda vacuum ports. So far I've synced carbs on Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki. What else is there?

Comment

I've had the exact same 4 round gauge setup, mentioned in the first post, for about 8 years now. I calibrated them one time with a 5 into one plastic manifold I got at the auto parts store for a couple of dollars. The covers screw off and you can calibrate them to read all the same. I use my Mity-vac as the vacuum source. Now every time I grab them to use, I re-check the calibration and in over 8+ years I've not had to touch the calibration.

To the guys who say they are junk, I wonder if they've ever tried them?

Now in the Kawasaki shop, in which I work as a mechanic, we have the Morgan, a couple of the gauge types and a fully electronic 4 carb tuner. They all work well. But for my home shop I'll stay with the $50 set I bought so many years ago. It's works just as good as the high priced stuff. Plus it comes with the correct adapters for Suzuki and Honda vacuum ports. So far I've synced carbs on Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki. What else is there?

Comment

Originally posted by exdirtbiker View Post
            Yes, those work. I have a set here, but I don't use them because the case is cracked and some of the fluid has leaked out, rendering the gauge rather useless for any bike with more than three cylinders.

However, those will run you $85. For just a few pennies less, you can get a Morgan Carbtune. The cost to have one shipped to your door is 64 GBP. As of right now (6:34 pm, 15 NOV), that is $84.3059 USD.
            Now, if you would like to have the carrying case, too, you need to add 9 pounds, so the total would be $96.1607 USD. Personally, if I were buying a vacuum gauge set right now, it would be a no-brainer, I would go for the NON-LIQUID Carbtune and be done with it.

Although I do not have any of the dial-type gauges, I have used them. A bit frustrating, even with dampers to smoothe out the pulses. I do have the blue liquid Motion Pro set, but it's cracked, as mentioned. I have a set of mercury sticks, which I use regularly. I have the official Suzuki gauge with the balls. I also have a Carbtune, so I can safely say that I have used about all types, except for an electronic one. For me, it's sort of a toss-up whether I grab my mercury sticks or the Carbtune, but as for a recommendation for anyone else, ... get the Carbtune.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
            X