new boots and numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new boots and numbers

I ordered new carb to cylinder head boots even though I thought the ones I had on the bike were fine. The bike needs to be as trustworthy as I can make it and I figured what the hell. I know I needed new clamps and I wanted to do some service on the carbs so an extra $100 bucks or so and I could change the whole line. I have swapped out a bunch of the bikes "run" components but hadn't changed boots.

I ordered my boots from parts outlaw and I received boots all marked "R". Four boots marked "R" or two pair of the same boots. The boots on my bike have "R" and "L".

I am assuming I can use two on the right side when looking down as if seated with "R" facing straight up and two on the left side with the "R" straight down. Just wanted to check before I started to take things apart tomorrow. It does read "old SKU" for left side.

CLAMP
    Item #09402-50306
    $3.18 8 $25.44
    PIPE, INTAKE RH
    Item #13111-45400
    $17.00 2 $34.00
    PIPE, INTAKE LH
    Options: Old Sku: 13121-45400
    Item #13111-45400
    $17.00 2 $34.00
    Alex
    Last edited by Guest; 11-08-2017, 08:18 PM.

You need two marked R and two marked L (like you ordered).
    Has to do with what direction the intake tube is slanted.
    An no, turing one over will not work on other side.

Sound like the supplier messed up. Check the part numbers. Maybe two of the boots marked R were identified by the part number that should have been the L.

And if you are returning parts.... maybe review why you ordered 8 clamps.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Get the orings and replacement screw sets from Cycle Orings.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

The LH boot supercedes to the RH part number. You just run them with the R side down on the LH side. You don't need O-rings or screws because of the design of the 16 valve head. Dar

Comment

Oh, I was speaking from expereince with 850G and 1100G. Doahhh

Comment

Working...
          X