Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel System Cleaner that works as advertised, Great stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel System Cleaner that works as advertised, Great stuff!

Just thought I would throw a recommendation out for something I tried and found to work better than advertised.
    I needed to clean out the varnish build up in the carbs and petcock, clean up the carbon build up in the combustion chambers, stabilize the fuel and break down any particulates/sediment that had accumulated in the gas tank. (I had already drained and rinsed the tank and drained the float bowls to get rid of the old gas and crud build up before refilling with fresh gas.)

The product I used was Lubegard Fuel System Booster 77012.

After running the bike for 120 miles over two days and then draining the float bowls a 2nd time, gas now runs clear and carb blockage is eliminated about 95%. (the blockage was severe enough that the engine would idle only) Probably will take another 100 miles to completely eliminate the remainder. A 16 ounce can and mixing 1 ounce per gallon into the tank has saved me a $700 bill if it went to a shop for a carb clean, fuel system clean, carb synch and tune up. Removing and disassembling carbs on the B12 is a bitch and nothing like doing the same thing with an old GS. Consequently, it is something I want to avoid if at all possible with the Bandit. LOL

This stuff REALLY works.
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Thanks for the review, Earl.
    I had never heard of that one.
    Certainly the reviews on Amazon are excellent.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      https://www.amazon.ca/Lubegard-77012.../dp/B00BZMQSVC

Thanks for the review, Earl.
      I had never heard of that one.
      Certainly the reviews on Amazon are excellent.
      But did you see the price on Amazon, yikes. $43.00 compared to about $9.00 elsewhere. Our dollar isn't that bad. I think someone's on a get rich quick scheme.
      Thanks for the review Earl. Nice get info from people that actually use it vs reviews that are mostly paid for. Hey .....you didn't get paid did you? LOL.
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/
      https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4306/35860327946_08fdd555ac_z.jpg

Comment

ebay prices are about $12 and include shipping.

Summit racing shows about $9.72 I think, but its plus shipping and flat rate box is $6.

Nah, I ain't making nuttin on the deal. heh It cost me $12 plus $8 for expedited shipping. That would seem to be a lot for a 16 oz. can of carb cleaner, but it's cheap considering it fixed the same thing a $700 shop bill would do and I didn't have to beat myself up hanging through the bike on my head for 4 or 5 days either.

You may be able to order it through Walmart or NAPA auto parts. Both show it as an order only item not normally stocked on local shelves.
        Last edited by earlfor; 11-12-2017, 05:26 PM.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

If it were next to seafoam on the store shelf Id buy the cheaper one. Its the GSR thing to do .

I use a little sea foam here and there. Have never had a reason to take the carbs off.
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

$10.87 from Amazon in USA, shipped free 2 day w/Prime.

Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Gumout the one with a relly high concentration of an impossible to remember acronym works fine as well 9 bucks for a lot of doese.
              1983 GS 550 LD
              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                Gumout the one with a relly high concentration of an impossible to remember acronym works fine as well 9 bucks for a lot of doese.
                What is "doese"?

Comment

doses typoed
                  1983 GS 550 LD
                  2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                    doses typoed
                    I thought it might be a Canadian word unknown anywhere else. LOL Somewhat like the Brits that don't put bonnets on their head, don't wear boots on their feet, but do wear their rubbers on their feet. LOL
                    Last edited by earlfor; 11-13-2017, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                      But did you see the price on Amazon, yikes. $43.00 compared to about $9.00 elsewhere. Our dollar isn't that bad. I think someone's on a get rich quick scheme.
                      Thanks for the review Earl. Nice get info from people that actually use it vs reviews that are mostly paid for. Hey .....you didn't get paid did you? LOL.
                      Yeah, laughed when i saw that price.
                      I just use Amazon for their customer reviews.
                      I know there can still be fake entries even on amazon but figure the reviews are more honest than from the site of the company.
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Well, I've run nine gallons of gas through the B12 with 1 ounce of Lubegard added per gallon of gas. The throttle response is 99% normal now and the bike starts and idles much easier than it has in a long time. It starts, even from cold in the morning with the slightest brief touch of the starter button. I can't touch the starter button lightly enough that it will not start and be running, even cold, with a strong, even idle. I'm going to continue adding Lubegard with the remaining seven ounces left in the can just for good measure, but I am absolutely pleased with the results.

At this point, I have run the bike about 360 miles getting everything cleaned out.
                        Last edited by earlfor; 11-14-2017, 01:38 PM.

Comment

I'm trying some Berrymans B12 in the GSX1100G I just got, but I may get some of this also. It's basically the same engine and carbs as your Bandit. Did you look to see if O'Riley's, A Zone or Advance Auto carries this stuff?
                          :cool:GSRick
                          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Lucas has a new,bought my first in early summer,cleaner and fuel stabilizer,in a can just like sea foam.
                            Bout 9bucks. I used in a 77 goldwing that had sat 3 years.hardest carbs to pull and build I've ever done? Used a half bottle in a gallon of gas,bike would barley run,smoked like crazy,ran it bout hour off and on.
                            Added 2 gal fresh fuel and bike owner took off down road,20 mile later he came back,bike would now idle,very little smoke,he rode it home.
                            He added 1-2 ox per gallon next 3 tanks,bike is 90% correct now,and still getting better.
                            I started using it as a stablizer at summer end, 1oz per tank keeps gas from going stale.
                            I now keep it on shelf all time.
                            I will give lube gard a try this coming summer?

Comment

I've had really good luck with Techron complete fuel system cleaner. That is what I recommend to all of my customers for use once or twice a year. Especially if they let the bikes sit over the winter months. Stabil works well for winter storage but I have them add the Techron when they "wake the bike up" in the spring.

Comment

Working...
                              X