77 GS750 PO broke the fuel mixture screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

77 GS750 PO broke the fuel mixture screws

Just bought a 77 GS750 in pretty good looking shape. I knew that it would fire but not idle. Simple I thought. Just clean the carbs. Well got it apart and #1 and #2 have the fuel mixture screws broken off in the carb body. Just the pointed tips are stuck. I'm out of ideas how to remove the broken tips. Anyone have any luck and what did you do?

They are VM26 and the mixture screw is a straight through hole so drilling is a possibility but I don't have drill bits that small that are long enough.

Go to Bikecliffs website and at near the top right youll see a tutorial...Removing stuck pilot screws
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

There is an article on BassCliff's sight that tells how to do it. http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/
      1982 GS750EZ
      1978 GS750EC

Comment

Originally posted by jdvorchak View Post
        Just bought a 77 GS750 in pretty good looking shape. I knew that it would fire but not idle. Simple I thought. Just clean the carbs. Well got it apart and #1 and #2 have the fuel mixture screws broken off in the carb body. Just the pointed tips are stuck. I'm out of ideas how to remove the broken tips. Anyone have any luck and what did you do?

They are VM26 and the mixture screw is a straight through hole so drilling is a possibility but I don't have drill bits that small that are long enough.
        Here ya go.
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Thank you one and all. I'll go out to the shop and try it.

Comment

Update: my son came over and popped them right out. I have two new ones on order so at this point I think I'm good.

Comment

Working...
            X