GS1100G Stock Muffler Source Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100G Stock Muffler Source Found

Since replacement muffler options are being discussed, I thought I'd throw this out there. I'd love to have a nice new shiny exhaust for my GS1100GK. If there is a sugar daddy out there that wants to buy these for me (go ahead and laugh now...I know you need a good one), I now know where they can be found. It looks like they produce these only when ordered. Crazy expensive for my budget, but considering what Suzuki priced mufflers many years ago, it's probably not that bad. A complete system would cost what I paid for the bike in 1991! It would also be interesting to see if they would do a group buy and give us a deal. I'm done fantasizing now. Carry on.

Product Description: CMS MUFFLER,R [1430149400H01] : Fits:SUZUKI GS1100G 1982 (Z) GENERAL EXPORT (E01) : SUZUKI GS1100G 1983... - Webike

I'm focusing instead on how to create OEM-looking, modern and serviceable replacements. I've already found a shop that may be up to snuff for such an undertaking.

Only problem is getting that stuff certified in my country.
    #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
    #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
    #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
    #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Would love to hear all about it. Do you have any cost estimates? What models would you want to cover?

Comment

Originally posted by fixmybrokecomputer View Post
        Would love to hear all about it. Do you have any cost estimates? What models would you want to cover?
        - Far from any estimates, it's mainly in my head yet.
        - Roughly speaking there will be two major cost drivers: manufacturing, and getting them certified
        - It won't be cheap
        - ..and likely cost-prohibitive for most to have them done here and then ship it out of the country
        - 550 E first, as I have a personal need for those plus have the bikes and one OEM exhaust system to measure
        #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
        #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
        #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
        #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

If you want the stock look, then nice used or expensive replacement mufflers are the way to go.
          If you crave a healthier exhaust note then 4-1 is another option and easier to obtain...and cheaper all in all.

Long ago I balked at the price of new vented oem rotors for my '94 FJ1100.....I did it anyway, but the known options weren't there back then for me.

My '80 GS1000G currently has the Delkevic 4-1 sitting on it and is meant for an '82-on 1000G....they {Delkevic}said the brake lever arm would hit it but I don't see that and static tests show I'm right...the bike hasn't been ridden as of yet though...so take that into account please. Said bike also lacks a center stand so that isn't an issue either....

Comment

Working...
          X