No announcement yet.

1980 GS1000s - will not tick over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy cow guys, is this a bike forum our English class with Mrs. Erickson all over again ??
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

What's wrong with the way we verbally converse with each other here in the North. I'm a Geordie and proud of it ! Nowt rang wi that son.
      My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot :eagerness: and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
        The King (or Queen) would never use the word 'nowt'. It's a word with its roots buried in the heathen north... though some of them also use the word 'owt' which means 'anything' but in this context means the same thing. That's if you can understand the accent.
        Does not warrant a response other than southern Jessie 😇
        The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
        1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
        past bikes. RF900
        TL1000s
        Hayabusa
        gsx 750f x2
        197cc Francis Barnett
        various British nails

Comment

Originally posted by fastbysuzuki View Post
          Does not warrant a response other than southern Jessie 
          Technically I'm a Jock - born on the south bank of the Tay. But raised down here in sunnier climes from age 3 (my dad's home county, he married a real heathen....or I suppose with my 'ampshoier accent, an 'eathen).

Apart from when the Welsh speak in their native tongue, the 2 accents I find hardest to understand in GB are Geordie (took me 5 minutes once to appreciate one of 'em was just asking me the time) and my mum's brothers and sisters. She's almost completely lost her Scottish accent but we do still take the p1ss because her alphabet runs E B C D E.... And my dad's big sister married a bloke from Sheffield; she now takes a bath and not a bath.
          79 GS1000S
          79 GS1000S (another one)
          80 GSX750
          80 GS550
          80 CB650 cafe racer
          75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
          75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Working...
          X