Trouble reassembling carbs because of Z1 alum fuel pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble reassembling carbs because of Z1 alum fuel pipes

So I've final got all the carbs soaked and cleaned and jetted and orings/gaskets and hex bolts finished. But as I was reassembling the rack, I pinched on of the orings on the fuel tee between carbs 2 and 3. I'm using the z1 aluminum ones that are back in stock. I used a bit of lubricant on the orings before trying to press the carb bodies back together. Didn't work. And also tried putting the tee in the freezer also didn't work. Was wondering if anyone else out there j the GS world has successfully installed theses babies on their ride

coukd use some advice
    thanks for the space
    andrew
    sigpic

1978 GS 750

I have and the orings they provide are too tight in my opinion. Luckily i have spare ones that fit right from Robert at cycleorings.com. Go there and shot him a PM and ask for just the fuel tee and crossover tube orings. He will probably be OK with sending you just those.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

First thing I'd do is remove the O-rings and make sure the Tee goes inside the passage in the carbs. Assuming yes, then go after the O-rings as chuck suggests.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Just did this last week. The o-rings on the tees from Z1 are too thick. I had some from a kit previously ordered from cycle o-rings. There are 12 and they easily slide in the carbs with the o-rings replaced. Make sure the bore is clean and should be leak free. Best of luck!!
        1978 GS 1000 (pods, V&H 4 to 1, Dyna S, Dyna coils, stage 3 jet kit, Progressive springs, relay mod, 530 chain, Honda regulator, clutch basket welded and shimmed)
        1970 Honda C70

Comment

I agree that the o-rings that come on them are too large, I had the same problem. I have will several extras in a few days, PM your address and I'll mail them to you at no cost.
          Regards,
          Jason

Comment

Maybe someone needs to mail a good one to Jeff Saunders at Z1 and tell him to go here for the right ones.

JIS P Series O-Ring sizes. Available in Buna-N or FKM, these O-Ring sizes make up the dynamic sealing category of the Japanese industrial Standard O-Ring size list. These metric O-Rings are in stock at the The O-Ring Store and available online.
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Appreciate all the knowledge guys.
              I emailed cycle orings.com
              sigpic

1978 GS 750

Comment

The orings provided are too biggggg
                sigpic

1978 GS 750

Comment

Hey chuck.
                  which is the correct size oring to order from the link you posted??
                  sigpic

1978 GS 750

Comment

If these good folks are correct -- no reason to suspect otherwise -- that my VM interconnecting tube O-rings fit the Z1 product, just PM me your mailing address & we'll fix it. Why screw around?
                    and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                    __________________________________________________ ______________________
                    2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Yes yours fit the Z1 tubes Robert. Z1 just has orings with too thick a cross section. The ID is ok though.

Comment

Working...
                      X