I LOST my idle adjusting screw ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I LOST my idle adjusting screw ???

I re-built the carbs last... Oct ? Sept?.
    Yesterday, I fired the bike up again, and she purrs like new.

But didn't want to idle. So I tried to adjust the idle... and it's gone !!?? How can this happen !!!??? Ghaahhh !!!

I can not guarantee I ever saw it, but hope I would have noticed it was missing when I cleaned the rack. But that was 6 mos ago.

What are the chances of me finding one of those at the Englishtown Swap meet tomorrow?

FYI- this is for the KZ1000 Police, but the carb rack is almost identical (VM26) to my 79 1000L, so I think it's ok to post here. ?

Anyone have one to sell, if I can't find one?
    1980 GS1000G - The Beast - GOING... GOING... yup, it's gone. I'm bikeless !!! GAaaahh !!!
    1978 KZ1000C1 Police - GONE !
    1983 GPZ750, aka ZX750A1 - restored, fresh paint... Gave it back, it was a loaner !!!
    Check My Albums for some of the 30+ headaches I've dealt with

I know -JUST- enough to make me REALLY dangerous !

I've got one from VM26 rack, just PM me your address if you want it.
    Regards,
    Jason

Comment

Stretch the replacement spring a little so it puts good positive pressure against the knob this time
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by exdirtbiker View Post
        I re-built the carbs last... Oct ? Sept?.
        Yesterday, I fired the bike up again, and she purrs like new.

But didn't want to idle. So I tried to adjust the idle... and it's gone !!?? How can this happen !!!??? Ghaahhh !!!

I can not guarantee I ever saw it, but hope I would have noticed it was missing when I cleaned the rack. But that was 6 mos ago.

What are the chances of me finding one of those at the Englishtown Swap meet tomorrow?

FYI- this is for the KZ1000 Police, but the carb rack is almost identical (VM26) to my 79 1000L, so I think it's ok to post here. ?

Anyone have one to sell, if I can't find one?
        I lost the knob off my 78 GS1000 sometime this past year. Not the whole adjuster, just the knob. It was idling a lit
        tle low, so I reached under to adjust it. I felt and felt, but couldn't find it. I finally looked under there and it was gone. Where? I know not.
        :cool:GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Working...
        X