Best place for Mikuni parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place for Mikuni parts

Rebuilding the BS32s on the GS850 and buggered up 3 of the needle jets. They took a lot of banging to get them out they were essentially glued into the carb body with varnish, I need a lot of other part too mostly o-rings. Is there some sort of factory direct mikuni parts warehouse? I looked them up on RMATV and they are about 20 bucks a pop, a lot of O-rings aren't listed for some reason.

Thanks for any help,
    Josh

The o-rings are easy. Go to cycleorings.com. It is run by one of our forum members FOR our forum members.

For the jets, try Jets R Us. I didnot see needle jets listed, but give them a call. There is a chance I might have what you need in my stash, I can check this evening when I get home.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

If your on FB try Ben, im in the group but he is based in the UK..... https://www.facebook.com/groups/128207204603241/

Comment

The shipping from the UK would probably kill me. Thanks for the link to the oring site.

@Steve ifyou've got some good ones laying around I'll take them just let me know. The ones I have can no longer accept the main jets because when I was driving them out I boogered up the threads from all the hitting. Even using a brass punch. Most of my Jets are in good shape after going though the carb dip. Looks like most of my replacement parts are going to be o-rings on the fuel tubes and enricher circuit plungers.

Comment

Ordered the cycleorings kit along with Allan head hardware and orings for the intake boots.

Can anyone verify if part 60 on this ficshe is the correct one for the rubber caps on the enricher plungers? The Fische isnt real clear on that.

Get OEM parts at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC! We carry major powersport brands like Honda, KTM, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Polaris, Can-Am and more!

Screenshot_20180426-160812_Chrome.jpg
          Last edited by Guest; 04-26-2018, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Color/Finish: Natural Material: Brass/Rubber Dimensions: Length: 20.60mm Diameter 1: 6mm Diameter 2: 0.5mm Fits: Suzuki GS750 - GS850 - GS1000

Z1 is your friend
            1978 GS 1000 (since new)
            1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
            1978 GS 1000 (parts)
            1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
            1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
            1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
            2007 DRz 400S
            1999 ATK 490ES
            1994 DR 350SES

Comment

That's just the fuel mix screw. Mine is good. Z1 is a great site but their kits don't have what I need other than the bowl gasket and I don't see needle jets in there. Most of my parts are good just orings are rotted/rock hard after 35 years.

Comment

If Steve's stash doesn't produce, appears the X-5s are still available from Suzuki @ around $18 a pop. There are also a couple on ebay: Link
                '80 GS1000ST
                '92 ZX-11
                Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Yup was seeing them on the various OEM sites for 15-20 ;bucks. Not awful other than I maimed three of them lol. Guess i need to look closer at the 4th one. The varnish really had them glued in.

Comment

I'm really new to this. Mine is an 82 GS850G. Where can I find carb rebuild kits and fork kits? Everywhere I see them they all look different and I dont want to spend a bunch of money and not find the right parts!

Comment

Sometimes shipping from the UK is not bad. Ordered OEM Triumph brake parts and with shipping were still cheaper than stateside.
                      Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple:twistedevil:, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                      Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                      Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Originally posted by Jojo591 View Post
                        I'm really new to this. Mine is an 82 GS850G. Where can I find carb rebuild kits and fork kits? Everywhere I see them they all look different and I dont want to spend a bunch of money and not find the right parts!
                        OEM parts sites used to be my go to but then I switched to my local shop who can get them just as fast as the sites send them to me for about 3 dollars more than online but with no shipping. Is yous the L (cruiser) or standard model? All you probably really need for fork parts are new seals and dust wipers unless you are going to respring then you can get springs pretty much anywhere that sales bike parts.

Z1 enterprises carries carb kits you can search your bike specifically on there. Your bike should have Mikuni BS32 carbs if you want to look that way.

Comment

Try here. used them on brothers TRX and had everything i needed... http://www.keyster.ca

Comment

Working...
                          X