Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

81 GS650G Carburetor Compatibility (New Member)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 GS650G Carburetor Compatibility (New Member)

Is there any chance that carbs from other gsfours would be compatible with a 81 GS650G? The pilot jet in #1 is done for good and there's no way I can get it out after a friend tried helping. I've found only 2 listings on ebay where one is a full set of carbs and the other is only #2. Already went ahead and posted in the wanted section too. Figured I'd ask because I see a lot more of carbs for the 750's and 850's. Thanks guys.

As far as compatibility goes, anything from a 550 to an 850 uses the same basic 32mm carb, but there are a few minor differences. As far as the #1 carb is concerned, I don't think the differences will matter.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hum... are carb bodys for #1 & #3 different than #2 & #4, relative to those tees between 1&2 and 3&4....? Am not certain, but have some recollection of something like that.

And all carbs are pretty much all different prior to 80 verses 80 and after.

Welcome to GSR SleepyNats.
      http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
      Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Check with ebay seller...he seems to be in process of tearing a 650 down.Maybe he still has carbs

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks guys really appreciate the help. I've had the bike for half a year now and I'm at my wit's end. Have had a lot more downs than ups with this bike, should of gotten a more road worthy bike as my first, but at least the members here are great. Will be checking in with someone to see if they can fix it and if not I'll try the #2 carb for sale.

Comment

PM me... I got a spare carb rack off a 650. I'm unlikely to ever need it as my bike has been very reliable. I'd be willing to remove and sell #1 carb. Price depends on how much you want or need of it.
            It would need proper cleaning and o-rings of course.
            1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

If you don’t care how it looks I’ve got a #1 carb body. Soaked in the wrong cleaner and it turned color and got sooty. Scrapped with a wire wheel and it looks terrible. But maybe blasting would even it out? Interested contact me.

Comment

Working...
              X