gs650g carb removal procedure....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs650g carb removal procedure....

New owner here....everyone states the carbs are a pita to remove...but I have to remove the carbs and have not been able to see a procedure...could someone steer me in the correct direction?I will download the service manual.....

They are hard to remove, remove tank, unbolt air box, loosen clamps on boots, pull the carbs back the 1/2 inch you get from unbolting the airbox, undo the choke cable and throttle cable, unscrew the 2 screws holding the cable mount, remove the hose going from airbox to top of engine and work them around as much as you can to pull them out the right side of the bike. Lol your only option really is to make sure there's no bolts, screws, or anything that's holding them in remove anything you can to get it out of the way and manhandle the heck out of it till they come on out. If the rubber boots going from carbs to engine haven't been replaced in the last few years expect them to need to be replaced and at the very least you will want to replace the o-rings that are between the boots and engine. Make sure you do that at the very least or you'll be removing them again because of air leaks and high engine revs after you get it all put back together and ready to ride lol.

Comment

Working...
    X