No announcement yet.

Airbox question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing that's tripping me up right now is it ran great before parking it last October. I tried to take it out today after work and it will go now but has low power and dies after coming to a stop(will idle on and on before riding).
    I pulled the plugs and noticed both outside plugs are wet. I'm pretty sure they are at least 5 years old now so it's about time to replace them. I really need to find my service manual as I had all my maintenance notes in there

Comment

Those latest symptoms sounds like float issues, either the float needles are leaking or the float height is off. This happen when bikes are parked for a while, floats stick or the rubber dries out on the tip or o-ring shrinks that seals the float needle seat.
      Last edited by fbody_mike; 09-19-2018, 11:48 PM.
      1981 Suzuki GS250T
      1982 Yamaha Seca Turbo
      1985 Suzuki GS550E
      2004 Suzuki GSF1200S

Comment

I hope I found the issue. On this bike 1 and 4 share a coil. I'm not getting power from the ignitor to the coil. Getting power on both sides of the connector under the seat though. It appears i have a broken wire somewhere between. This weekend I will probably run a bypass wire to the coil for the white wire

Comment

Working...
        X