Gs550 Header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs550 Header

IMG_0759.jpg I have this header that came with the my suzuki gs550/675cc top end not sure what it came off of I remember the previous owner talking about how it was from a Honda. It looks like a good header but it doesn't have a muffler i was thinking about installing a slip on muffler that's like a foot long and save me some money (ifitsevenworthit) , then again I am thinking buying a MAC header/muffler. What do you people of knowledge recommend in this scenario?

My bike thankfully still has its original exhaust, so I can't really help you. But this Honda 4 into 1 header, does it fit the Suzuki correctly? If so, then you could get a Harley take off muffler and give it a go. Remember that you need clearance for oil filter stuff change and centerstand and/or kickstand.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

putting random pipes may cause random flat spots in the power spread or cause other jetting issues but it hasn't stopped plenty of people from doing it-you can buy cheap universal slip on mufflers on line with a little searching they'd just need to fit the OD/ID of the end of your header. Ive seen people cobble together short Cherry Bomb automotive mufflers onto headers too. all depends on what you will settle for. MAC pipes are not known to be great in terms of improved power over stock but they may make your life easier.

Comment

Working...
      X