Carbs wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbs wanted

Looking for carbs for a 650 katana. I kind of ruined mine trying to remove a stuck mixture screw. Any help would be great.

Kind of ruined? How about a pic for us to admire?
    And you are located in land down under?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Sorry tom but no photos this time as it's a little embarrassing. I got an easy out to remove the screw but broke it off. I then ruined where the screw goes in. It just broke away on me. Going to be a costly stuff up this time. Not many of these carbs getting around in Aussie land.

Comment

I've broken a few easy outs myself- they're just too brittle, a quality left hand drill bit is more likely to work. The BS32 carb body is used on lots of models (see attached chart) - with different jets and rack spacing, so you might find a replacement.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks Tom your link is pretty helpful. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Coontaboy View Post
            Sorry tom but no photos this time as it's a little embarrassing. I got an easy out to remove the screw but broke it off. I then ruined where the screw goes in. It just broke away on me.
            Coontaboy, the entire basis of this forum is from people who did things wrong. That's why someone will probably have worked out a fix. Don't worry about being embarrassed, we've all been there in some form or another. Knowledge comes from experience and experience comes from mistakes

Plus, there's a Parts Wanted forum lower down
            1978 GS 1000 (since new)
            1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
            1978 GS 1000 (parts)
            1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
            1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
            1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
            2007 DRz 400S
            1999 ATK 490ES
            1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Working...
            X