jet needles, needle jets/emulsion tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jet needles, needle jets/emulsion tubes

i am rebuilding carbs on my 82 kat 1000 and cant find needle jet/emulsion tubes. mine are not round anymore (egg shaped). can anyone tell me where i can purchase a set?

Not sure where you could buy new needle jets (emulsion tubes) but the ones you're looking for are marked X-1 from Mikuni. I may have some used ones (still round) but I'd have to check. You may also want to consider picking up some replacement needles as well if the emulsion tubes are that far out of round internally. The needles are marked number 5D58. Just five the ones you have a good check to make sure they're still usable.
    http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
    1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
    1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
    1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
      Not sure where you could buy new needle jets (emulsion tubes) but the ones you're looking for are marked X-1 from Mikuni. I may have some used ones (still round) but I'd have to check. You may also want to consider picking up some replacement needles as well if the emulsion tubes are that far out of round internally. The needles are marked number 5D58. Just five the ones you have a good check to make sure they're still usable.
      lookin to replace needles & tubes with new. carbs already rebuilt & tuned as good as it gets without them. ok but not perfect. new would do it. just looking for a source. what about comparable form same carb/different bike? same carb/different part no.?

Comment

Not sure that anyone is making new (OEM or aftermarket) emulsion tubes anymore. Haven't see new ones in quite some time. Needles can still be found though. You can try Jets R Us.com and see if they know of a source.
        http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
        1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
        1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
        1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

I have stock needles and needle jets for that model
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

These guys might have them: http://www.allensperformance.co.uk/shop/
            79 GS1000S
            79 GS1000S (another one)
            80 GSX750
            80 GS550
            80 CB650 cafe racer
            75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
            75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

hi chef1366. are the needles and needle jets u have "new" or used? if new... would be interested!

Comment

I emptied my PM box
                They are not new but they are fine. I haven't ever seen emulsion tubes wear on these BS carbs. Always on BST carbs though
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

If you ever are over on the east coast I have lots of extra carb parts you can look thru.
                  David
                  1998 Suzuki Bandit
                  1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
                  1978 GS1000 - gone
                  1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

2C6A30B1-0B5A-4C99-9FBC-CF0F59FBF0C9.jpg
                    From a BS36 1150 with over 36,000 miles. A little dirty, but still round.
                    if you notice when your putting the needles in the slide, it has a little bump on one side of the cap that orients the needle slightly towards the mouth of the carb... I always figured that was to prevent it from wearing too much in the needle jet.
                    Last edited by Tom R; 01-27-2019, 02:05 PM.
                    -1980 GS1100 LT
                    -1975 Honda cb750K
                    -1972 Honda cl175
                    - Currently presiding over a 1970 T500

Comment

My Suzuki Tech advisor when asked about the little nub that pushes the needle against the tube is for consistent flow past the main jet so it not flutter.Supposedly more epa friendly.Motorcyclecarbs.com may have some possibly.I have seen VL 1500 carbs worn bad after running dynojet needles which they claim are rougher then stock and wear the needle jets, and Suzuki does not offer replacements.Only new carbs... I finally found a place in California that made repl. ones. At a hefty price. Good used ones sound the best as others noted.
                      sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

my kat was way out of tune (neglected) far too long before i got it. along with cam adjuster needing some work. this is what i was told increased the wear in the tubes. (vacuum flutter?) found new 338 x-2 tubes from allens in uk. hope they are close enough equivalent. needles themselves seem to be available at a few different places. thanks for all the input guys!

Comment

Working...
                        X