No announcement yet.

Main jet thread too large.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange. My number is 49400. The plot thickens.

Comment

A search turned up that 49400 belongs to an '82/'83 8 valve GS1100 G/GL/GK.

Third or fourth post in this thread lists the jet sizing.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Wow thanks, that's incredibly useful. Is there any ballpark jet size that's understood to work well for pod filters and aftermarket exhaust or is rejetting just a bunch of trial and error?

Comment

If your carbs are, indeed, 49400s, they are 34mm carbs, which are too big for the bike.

It's interesting enough that the same 32mm carbs are used on engines from 550 to 850 (with jetting changes, of course), but it will be hard to get the 34s set up for your small engine.

I am also curious how somebody found boots that adapt the carbs to the head.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Well I specifically ordered new bs34 boots (previous owner thought high temp rtv was an acceptable sealer for cracked boots) and they fit right on the head. The question now is if the carbs will fit the boots. I'll go test fit that before anything else.

Comment

Working...
            X