Fuel gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel gauge

My fuel gauge only registers half a tank when it's full.I've bridged the 2 wires in the loom and still the same.I've an aftermarket gauge any ideas as where to connect it to I put it to where the sender connects to loom and nothing happening
    Attached Files
    1983 GS 650 gl

1982 GS 850 gl

1980 GS 550L

1982 GS 650 G(KATANA)

Gsx 1400 daily ride

As another test: try grounding (earthing) the Yel/Blk wire. Maybe the ground (Blk/Wht) wire is not really a good ground.

You can also ohm check the sender.
    At full should be about 1-5 ohm.
    At half should be about 25-40, at empty 100-120 ohms.

If you dont have a multimeter, I will say that you have a GS, you will need a multimeter.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Any particular place to earth it is the frame good enough redman.Yes I have a multimeter not great with it what ohms settings should I set it to.
      1983 GS 650 gl

1982 GS 850 gl

1980 GS 550L

1982 GS 650 G(KATANA)

Gsx 1400 daily ride

Comment

Originally posted by angus View Post
        Any particular place to earth it is the frame good enough redman.Yes I have a multimeter not great with it what ohms settings should I set it to.
        In testing by grounding the yel.blk wire any ground place on the frame will do, maybe a bolt head somewhere or maybe the battery neg is close nearby.

FOr the ohm meter range, any range over 120, maybe you have a 200ohm range if digital or maybe 1000. General rule of thumb (I dont know why some rules are based on body parts or digits no less) is to start on larger scale and then select lower scales till get a readable reading, or can turn down untill overrange then go back one.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          General rule of thumb (I dont know why some rules are based on body parts or digits no less)
          Totally off topic: In the old days you where allowed to beat your wife with a stick as long as the stick was no larger than the diameter of your thumb.
          1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Working...
          X