Installing dynojet stage 3, need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing dynojet stage 3, need some advice

The instructions weren't clear about two things.

When drilling the slide lift holes should i drill straight down or attempt to maintain the slight angle of the factory hole or does it not matter.

The kit tells me to install main air "plugs" in the hole to the bottom right (when facing the airbox side of the carbs) however mine already have a bigger size plug thing in them. What do these orifices do and how would i remove yhat plug?

Unfortunately the carbs are at school so i won't be able to get pictures until Thursday.

Thanks for any help.

Maintain the angle when you drill.

The plugs are restrictors for the air passage. No need to remove what's there, just add the new ones.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks Steve!

Comment

You're welcome.

sigpic
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

I done gone and stripped out the screw hole that holds the idle speed adjuster on the float bowl. Is it safe to drill and tap the screw hole or is this carb easted?

Comment

Did you strip the hole in the carb body or the threads on the adjuster screw?

There is not much room to drill out for a larger screw, but you could drill the minimum amount to remove the threads, then use a longer screw that goes all the way through the hole, then is held by a locknut.

sigpic
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride

Comment

Oh woops, I'm sorry i wasn't clear in my description. The hole i stripped is a float bowl screw hole but in particular the one that holds the idle speed adjustment screw bracket.

Comment

Sorry fellers, i have another question, or 2. I got the bike to fire up but only on the main jets, it won't even attempt to idle.

1. I installed the carbs on the bike and switched the tank to prime. After gas filled the bowls it started pouring out of the main air correctors, where the dynojet told me to pop in new plugs. Is this a float level problem?

2. On the carb assembly there are two plastic ports. I believe these are the breather interconnect tubes. When i purchased the bike there was nothing on these. Right now i have plugged these with a rubber cap. Can someone explain their purpose and if they need to be hooked together?

Comment

Working...
                X