82 GE1100E jetting, header & oval K&N pods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 GE1100E jetting, header & oval K&N pods

I bought a set of carbs off of an 82 1100E to rebuild. It like my bike has a header & oval K&N pods. Other than the needle seats being stuck in they were in decent rebuildable shape. The main jets have 170 on them, and the pilots are marked 45. both the main, and pilot jets have a marking a square with a smaller square on the lower left of the main square. I believe it had some type of jet kit installed years ago. I rode the bike about 5 years ago before it was parked. It ran pretty good except it had a small flat spot rolling on the throttle slow about 2K RPM, might have been a little crud in the carbs. With the header & oval K&N pods I would expect it to run like a pig without jetting. Does anyone recognize these jet numbers. I would like to do it on the cheap without buying a jet kit. Any help is appreciated.
    1981 GS1100E
    1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Sounds like the dynojet jets i just put in mine, those are what the stage 3 calls for.

Comment

Originally posted by Vamisk View Post
      Sounds like the dynojet jets i just put in mine, those are what the stage 3 calls for.
      That is exactly what I was wanting to hear, thanks.
      1981 GS1100E
      1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

The square within a square is a Mikuni logo, they are OEM Mikuni jets. 170 is HUGE, stock is 107.5 or 115 depending on year. I only have a 135 in my 1260 dragbike....
        Middle of the page is a picture of the stamp.. http://www.jetsrus.com/FAQs/FAQ_identify_that_jet.htm
        Last edited by bobgroger; 03-25-2019, 05:14 PM.
        sigpic
        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
        1983 GS1100e
        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
        1980 GS1260
        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

The plot thickens, the particular bike these carbs came off of did use a lot of gas but not like it was grossly over jetted. It showed decent spark plug color and ran strong. It might have some other mods like modified air bleeds? I need to look at the carbs better for other mods.
          1981 GS1100E
          1982 GS1100E

Comment

I ordered 170 mikuni jets and they didn't even thread into the needle jet, that's weird.

Comment

Are these the filters you're using on your bike?

Comment

I have 4 individual oval K&N pods
                1981 GS1100E
                1982 GS1100E

Comment

Working...
                X