Pipes on carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipes on carbs

Hi all, I have a gs750 based special with the 26mm mikuni carbs. My question is what are the 3 tubes coming from 3 of the 4 carbs? They are blocked off at the moment, but what did they do? And should I connect them to anything? Cheers all

2 and 4 are bowl vents, do not block them off. leave them open if you are running individual filters or attach pipes and run over the top of the airbox if you have it fitted. the pipe from #3 carb is the vacuum pipe to the fuel tap.
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

If you block off the vents the fuel bowls will overflow, ask me how i know

Comment

chased that down on a honda once, dang thing would fill, then i could loosen the drain and soon as the needle would open it wouldn't shut off, I had been through that carb 4 times, but for some reason i over looked the bowl vent, pushed a small screw driver through it and what ya know there was a dirt dobber nest in it.

Comment

If there was a dirt dobber nest in there, what did you leave in the rest of the internal passages that are not so easy to clean?

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
          X