GS850 intake boots on Amazon: Set of 4 for $31 free shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rust_to_Redemption View Post
    One thing that gave me trouble is the vacuum tuning ports on these mount facing down, not up like the OEM boots.
    You must have had some incorrect boots or they were installed incorrectly.

OEM boots have the vacuum ports facing down and out. Probably close to a 45° angle.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      You must have had some incorrect boots or they were installed incorrectly.

OEM boots have the vacuum ports facing down and out. Probably close to a 45° angle.

The PO seemed like a cheapskate...odds are some other ‘Zuk boots then that just happen to fit if you flip them upside down. Never had a problem with them. 🤷🏻*@%^$♂️
      1982 GS850GL - Shaved seat foam and new seat cover; Daytona handlebars and Tusk risers; Puig "Naked" Windscreen\
      1978 KZ200 - Mostly original, hydraulic front brake swap, superbike bars; purchased at 7k original miles
      Track bike project: 2008 Hyosung frame w/ 97 gs500E engine swap (in progress)

Comment

here is the sam set for $19 incl shippping

1981 GS750L - Owned since 1990 when graduated high school and since have been discovering all the things not disclosed by seller.
        1983 GS750E - bought in 2016 as a rough runner to use while rebuilding 81L and then to combine with ES to make one good one
        1983 GS750ES - bought in Toronto in 2015 on a lark as a non-runner, missing front cowling and exhaust - If you have a 1983 750ES front cowling let me know! Blue would be nice

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Vanis View Post
          here is the sam set for $19 incl shippping

https://www.amazon.com/CALTRIC-CARBU...gateway&sr=8-6

Oh man, I got ripped off lol. Those have little tabs to keep the O-ring in place even, I wonder if that could cause issues as the O-ring gets heated and cooled over time? I also wonder if this set has the ID for the intake side correct, or if it the same smaller ID. Have you used this brand before?
          1982 GS850GL - Shaved seat foam and new seat cover; Daytona handlebars and Tusk risers; Puig "Naked" Windscreen\
          1978 KZ200 - Mostly original, hydraulic front brake swap, superbike bars; purchased at 7k original miles

Comment

Any chance they would work on a 1983 GS750 E/ES?

@ $19 I'm considering giving them a try but all the part houses show different part numbers for the 750 vs the 850 (and mine don;t have the bold as they are on the cylinder) but who knows?
            1981 GS750L - Owned since 1990 when graduated high school and since have been discovering all the things not disclosed by seller.
            1983 GS750E - bought in 2016 as a rough runner to use while rebuilding 81L and then to combine with ES to make one good one
            1983 GS750ES - bought in Toronto in 2015 on a lark as a non-runner, missing front cowling and exhaust - If you have a 1983 750ES front cowling let me know! Blue would be nice

Comment

though I could get the 750 ones for $52 shipped ($13 each) from ebay

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Vanis View Post
                though I could get the 750 ones for $52 shipped ($13 each) from ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-SUZUKI...4AAOSwm-Fb4SbT
                $13 each I would probably just pony up the extra scratch for OEM. I can get you some more measurements if you would like ie bolt to bolt, bolt to intake, total height, etc. if you wanted to compare to what you have? I would assume that since they are different part #s they are different specs.
                Last edited by Rust_to_Redemption; 05-01-2019, 01:22 PM.

Comment

I just got on here searching for quality/user reports on these Caltric intake boots, after finding a set of 4 on eBay for GS 650 models at around $89. I cannot find them on Amazon for as cheap as the 850 models unfortunately!
                  The GS 650 head if I recall is only about 28 mm ID on the intake side where the boot bolts up, so the smaller size on the 850 makes sense for this model, but perhaps not the 850 head!
                  '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
                  '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
                  '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
                  '79 GS425stock
                  PROJECTS:
                  '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
                  '77 GS550 740cc major mods
                  '77 GS400 489cc racer build
                  '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
                  '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

rust to redemption, would love those specs. my project came w/nothing ahead of the carbs.
                    bob p
                    Last edited by Guest; 05-01-2019, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rust_to_Redemption View Post
                      $13 each I would probably just pony up the extra scratch for OEM. I can get you some more measurements if you would like ie bolt to bolt, bolt to intake, total height, etc. if you wanted to compare to what you have? I would assume that since they are different part #s they are different specs.
                      OEM ones ar $36 each + shipping .... 3x the price. Not worth that much to me

Comment

Bob I will get the measurements for you this evening, didn't see your message until after I had already left this morning.

Just as an update I was able to get the pilot fuel mix screws down to 2 3/4 turns out with a stable idle by changing the pilot jets from stock to #47.5s. It runs well by ear throughout the throttle input range now, no stumbles, backfires, or bogs. I may do a plug chop test this weekend to make doubly sure what I'm hearing matches some tangible data.

Comment

anytime is fine, still mud season in vt and roads are terrible. feels like it'll never dry out, for carb tuning.

Comment

Working...
                          X