Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vamisk View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]59713[/ATTACH]
    Please verify the year and model of your bike. The parts fiche you showed said it's for an '82 1100GL. The throttle cable bracket shown in this picture is not correct for an '82.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Yes, my motorcycle is badged as a '82 1100gl.
      I'll have to get the vin to get more official than that. When I bought the motorcycle a header and pod filters were installed. Never had to use the choke on my Honda Sabre even when cold but because I'm still in the process of tuning I need to rely on the choke. I used a caliper to confirm it is a 34mm mikuni.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        Temporary fix for ohhhhh about 10 years now...
        See, now there's a man who, like myself, went to State University.

To this day, I don't quite understand 'for profit schools.' Like, who pays for your bong?
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

This is what your '82 carbs should look like. Note the curved tube between carbs 2&3. I did not see that in your picture, although I did see what appears to be the spring on the 'choke' shaft between carbs 3&4.

These carbs have a bracket more like what I saw in your picture. They are from an '81 bike. Note the separate brackets for throttle and 'choke' cables.

I think you need a different bracket on your #3 carb.

sigpic
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            ….I think you need a different bracket on your #3 carb.

If you look closely at the bracket in the OP's photo, you can see the end piece of the original curved tube just below the fork of the bracket. What has happened is that the curved tube on the right hand side of the bracket has broken off.

As has been mentioned, it should be easy to braze a piece of tubing bent into a curve onto the bracket again.

Maybe somebody has that bracket for the OP from a scrap set of carbs?
            1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post
              If you look closely at the bracket in the OP's photo, you can see the end piece of the original curved tube just below the fork of the bracket. What has happened is that the curved tube on the right hand side of the bracket has broken off.
              Had to look at it another two or three times, but I finally saw it.

If I had one, I would offer it, but I am on the lookout for one of those brackets, too. My son would like to convert the "choke" on his '80 1000G to the '82 style on the left handlebar switch assembly.

sigpic
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride

Comment

Working...
              X